Step up to SET for your education, training and consultancy needs.
SET was formed in 1996 by Director Bob Harrison, a former teacher, Lecturer and College Principal. Following a 25 year career in FE, he now chairs the Government’s computing expert group and was an architect of the new computing curriculum.
Bob is Chair of Governors at Northern College Barnsley. He was a leading member of FELTAG and ETAG and is an assessor at Stanford University Graduate School of Education Masters Degree “Learning Design with Technology”. He is a judge for the BETT awards, The TES FE Awards and the E-Assessment awards. Learn more about Bobs experience here.
Latest from SET
What can SET offer you?
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the educational sector, including the language and rituals of this complex world.
- A network of contacts and an up to date grasp of the world of e-learning and its impact on learning, training, leadership and management.
- A network of contacts and an up to date grasp of the world of lifelong learning.
- A synopsis of the latest research on e learning.
- Experience of the corporate sector and the role and place of work based learning and it relationship to competitiveness.
- A knowledge of human resources, employment law and the work of employment tribunals.
- Active involvement in the management of change process within education.
- Skills of teaching, tutoring, coaching, mentoring and facilitation.
Tutor and assessor for the National College for School Leadership on programmes leading to professional qualification for school leadership and management. This involves face to face delivery and facilitation, school improvement projects, online tutorial support, school based assessment, final assessment and residential work.
SET is also heavily involved in the management of change in schools and colleges and is a member of NCSL national
remodelling team. This team is engaged in a national programme of change management within the educational work force.
SET is also an external advisor to several governing bodies supporting governors in the performance management of head teachers.