Step up to SET for your education, training and consultancy needs.
SET was formed in 1996 by Director Bob Harrison, a former teacher, Lecturer and College Principal. Now education adviser to Japanese electronics giant Toshiba, he chairs the Government’s computing expert group and was an architect of the new computing curriculum.
He has worked for DfE and BIS and was a leading member of FELTAG and a chair of one of the Ministerial ETAG groups.
Learn more about Bobs experience here.
Latest from SET
What can SET offer you?
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the educational sector, including the language and rituals of this complex world.
- A network of contacts and an up to date grasp of the world of e-learning and its impact on learning, training, leadership and management.
- A network of contacts and an up to date grasp of the world of lifelong learning.
- A synopsis of the latest research on e learning.
- Experience of the corporate sector and the role and place of work based learning and it relationship to competitiveness.
- A knowledge of human resources, employment law and the work of employment tribunals.
- Active involvement in the management of change process within education.
- Skills of teaching, tutoring, coaching, mentoring and facilitation.
Tutor and assessor for the National College for School Leadership on programmes leading to professional qualification for school leadership and management. This involves face to face delivery and facilitation, school improvement projects, online tutorial support, school based assessment, final assessment and residential work.
SET is also heavily involved in the management of change in schools and colleges and is a member of NCSL national
remodelling team. This team is engaged in a national programme of change management within the educational work force.
SET is also an external advisor to several governing bodies supporting governors in the performance management of head teachers.
Since 1998 SET has worked for Toshiba Information Systems UK LTD as an Educational Advisor and Consultant.
Toshiba are the number one provider of portable and wireless technology for schools and colleges. SET actively supports the Toshiba Ambassador Programme and is a member of the Mobilearn Special Internet Group on Wireless Technology. SET recently presented a paper at the world Mobilearn conference in Rome, Italy on Communities of Practice.
SET is also a leading member of the BECTA ICT Research Network and with Toshiba has contributed to national conferences and special projects such as 'The Digital Divide'.
SET is regularly speaks at various Computer Supported Collaboration Learning Conferences around the world on behalf of Toshiba as part of the Toshiba Ambassador Programme.